Due to the ongoing situation with Coronavirus, Cork City Sports committee has made the decision to postpone the 2020 International Sports Meet which was due to be held in the CIT Arena on Tuesday July 7th until July 2021. Given the unprecedented developments around the world with the Covid-19 pandemic, the committee believes that this is the correct decision under difficult circumstances.
Chairman Tony O’Connell states “the decision was taken to protect the health of the athletes and everyone involved, and to support the containment of the COVID-19 virus. He goes on to “thank our loyal sponsors for their support and understating and looks forward to next year’s meet which will still be held in an Olympic year.”
Meet Director Joe Hartnett added, “We were very much looking forward this year’s meet, but the priority has to be to keep participants and spectators safe. We had a spectacular event in 2019 and we are in no doubt that 2021 will be the best yet”.
The 2021 BAM Cork City Sports International T&F Meet will be held in early July, the exact date will be confirmed at the earliest possible time.